Awards & Achievements
- Mr. Siddharth Pai, a incubate of KITS sponsored Incubation centre, NMAMIT, Nitte has secured runners up for the business proposal Titled "Garage Connect" in the Manthan Business Competition-2015 which was organized by Federation of Karnataka Chamber of Commerce and Industries on 9th April 2015.
- KITS funded project titled "Wireless Aerial Sprayer Pesticide (WASP)" has won the 1st prize in "Ankur- A national Level B-plan Competition", a mega event organized by the Institute of Public Enterprise, Shameerpet, Hyderabad on 20th February, 2015 and the student Incubates Mr. Nikhil Nitesh, Mr. Nikhil Mohan and Mr. Rahul Kumar exhibited in the same
- KITS funded project titled "Wireless Aerial Sprayer Pesticide (WASP)" has won the 1st prize and Best Project Award in "Expro -2016", a Project Exhibition organized by the NMAMIT, Nitte on 6th April, 2016 and the student Incubates Mr. Nikhil Nitesh, Mr. Nikhil Mohan and Mr. Rahul Kumar exhibited in the same.
- Mr. Siddharth Pai, a incubate of KITS sponsored Incubation centre, NMAMIT, Nitte has secured First prize for the business proposal Titled “Underwater Unmanned Vehicle" in the DEFI- Annual Entrepreneurship Event, Overnight Hackathon which was organized by T A Pai Management Institute, Manipal on 29th Jan 2017.
- KITS funded Project titled "Development of Bio-Adsorbants for the removal of toxicants from Industrial effluents" was selected for the INNOVATION FESTIVAL -2015.
- KITS funded Project titled "Development of Bio-Adsorbants for the removal of toxicants from Industrial effluents" has won the 1st prize and Best Project Award in "Expro -2016", a Project Exhibition organized by the NMAMIT, Nitte on 6th April, 2016.
- Ms. Rakshith K. G., Dept. Of Biotechnology, NMAMIT and Mr. Shekhar Dey, Dept. Of Civil Engineering, NMAMIT, Incubates of NAIN Center- NMAMIT emerged as Winner And First Runner-Up respectively in "Think India Transform India - A Idea Contest 2015” in association with Weschool,Bangalore.
- Mr. Rehan Noronha secured second place for the KITS funded project title "Drone for Arecanut Farming" in the State level Technical paper presentation and project model exhibition-"IEINITTE-2017" Held at NMAMIT,Nitte on 11th March 2017.
- Ms.Sushmitha Rao and Ms. Swati Puranik of KITS funded project Team "Start-Up Stack" were invited for a TV interview show, which is a platform for startups and entrepreneurs. Out of 433 teams applied, 10 teams were selected from around the country to pitch their ideas in front of the jury and citizens of the state, through Vijaya News, a TV channel. The "Start-up Stack" won the Star Entrepreneur award and also impressed the investors from who were willing to invest on the startup with 65+ lakhs. The investors are the team leads of ‘Startup Innovation’ consultancy at Ennovent.
- KITS funded Project titled " Development Of Value Added Products From Areca Nut" has won the 1st prize and Best Project Award in "Expro -2017", a Project Exhibition organized by the NMAMIT, Nitte.
- Out of Nine NAIN Centers around Karnataka, NAIN Center-NMAMIT Won the Best Overall Review Presentation in State Level Conclave-2017 organized at SDMCET, Dharwad on 11th April 2017.
- Mr. Gautham Naik, Mr. Karthik B and Mr. Shreesha the Incubates working on KITS funded Project " Drone Based High Attitude Aeronautical Platform Stations"b under New Age Incubation Centre registered their Startup "Airmydus Innovations Pvt. Ltd." and a operational unit Infinity Drones in the year 2017 housed at NAIN Center, NMAMIT, Nitte.
Picture Above, Mr. Gautham Naik, Mr. Karthik B and Mr. Shreesha, Co-Founders, Infinity Drones
- Mr. Keerthan Prabhu, the Incubatee working on KITS funded Project "Crapy Cash" under NAIN Center registered his Startup "Business Innovators Academy" and and a operational unit College Innovators in the year 2017 housed at NAIN Center, NMAMIT, Nitte.
Picture Above, Mr. Keerthan Prabhu, Founder, College Innovators
- The TechKnights Team was one among the few teams to be selected for the final round of Smart India Hackathon 2018 and represented NMAMIT at PSIT, Kanpur where about 27 Central Government ministries and 18 State Governments had come together with 408 problems posted. In this grand initiative more than 1,05,234 Students registered with 17,539 ideas which were received from various technical institutions in India. The 36 hour hackathon ended yesterday and the team mentored by K Sri Harsha, CEO of Kritsnam Technologies and Sudhir Gupta, member, strategic board millennium allience, COO of DRISHTEE development and communication limited, ex-COO of Airtel were declared as winners.
The team consisted of 3 students from the Computer Science department Pradeep B, Sushmitha Rao and Swati Puranik and 3 Students from Information Science Department Shwetha Rao, Anup Kamath and Akshay Kumar were honoured with a trophy, cheque of 1 lakh rupees and other goodies by the Hon'ble Minister Satyapal Singh, Minister of State for HRD and former Police Commissioner of Mumbai. The students participated in SIH 2018 are the incubates of New Age Incubation Network (NAIN), NMAMIT sponsored by KITS, Dept. of IT, BT and S&T, Government of Karnataka and they presented one of the module "Hydrocare" of NAIN funded Project "Aquacare". The main aim of this module is Dissemination of Information regarding availability of water in water reservoirs under the Ministry of Water Resources and Water Development and Ganga Rejuvenation. The NAIN team is working under the guidance of Mr. Puneeth R P., Dept. of CSE, Mr. Shashank Shetty, Incubation Center Manager, NAIN, Dr. Nagesh Prabhu, College Coordinator, NAIN and Dr. Niranjan N Chiplunkar, Principal, NMAMIT, Nitte.
- A team of four students namely Mr. Pradeep B, Ms. Sushmitha Rao, Ms. Swati Puranik and Ms. Spoorthy Nayak developed their final year project under the guidance of Ms. Ankitha A Nayak, Assistant Professor, Dept. of CSE and the project was one among the 3078 teams to be selected for the final round of WalmartLabs’s ‘Wonder Coders’ Hackathon , in association with HackerEarth. Ms. Sushmitha Rao and Ms. Swati Puranik represented the project team at the event with the project title ‘Intelligent Platform for Swarm Robots’ and under the theme ‘Social Cause’. The prototype for which, was built and modified during the event, with the inputs & suggestions from industry level experts. The Hackathon was held at the WalmartLabs office, Bengaluru and concluded on 20th of April, 2018 declaring the team as winners. The team was awarded with the cash prize of Rs 1,00,000/- and other goodies. The project ‘Intelligent Platform for Swarm Robots’ is a module of NAIN funded project ‘Smart Shopper'. New Age Incubation Network (NAIN), NMAM Institute of Technology, Nitte in association with KITS, Dept. of IT, BT and S&T, Government of Karnataka provides a platform for students of NMAMIT to start their ventures by providing the logistics, mentoring facility and seed funding upto 3 Lakhs. The NAIN Centre is being coordinated by Mr. Shashank Shetty, Incubation Center Manager, Dr. Nagesh Prabhu, College Coordinator and under the guidance of Dr. Niranjan N Chiplunkar, Principal. Around 38 such proposals of NMAMIT students have been incubated under NAIN and out of which 5 teams have already started their own Start-ups.
- KITS funded Project titled " Homifi" has won the 1st prize and Best Project Award in "Expro -2018", a Project Exhibition organized by the NMAMIT, Nitte. The Project was carried out by the student incubates, Mr. Subhin (2018- ECE Graduate) and Mr. Vipin (2018-Mech Graduate)