Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
- How long has the Incubator been around?
The NAIN initiative was launched in the year 2013 by KITS (Previously named as KBITS), Dept. of IT, BT and S&T, Government of Karnataka. The NAIN activities kick-started from the year 2014.
- Who can apply for the Incubation facility at NAIN Center-NMAMIT?
The students, alumni's & researchers of NMAM Institute of Technology, Nitte and the students of Udupi & Dakshina Kannada district can apply.
- How to apply for the Incubation facility?
The students can download the application form from the NAIN website and fill up the necessary information about their idea. The students with the business idea need to participate in the idea pitching competition (i.e., Start-up Pitch) conducted once in a year by the NAIN centre. The Shortlisted ideas will be forwarded to the steering committee of the Karnataka Innovation & Technology Society (KITS). The finalized business proposals would be allotted with the seed funds up to 3 Lakh INR.
- What kind of business ideas do you accept?
The business ideas that creatively solve local problems using technology.
- Whether business ideas related to providing service is accepted?
No, NAIN center-NMAMIT focuses on providing support in building the innovative technology that solves local problems.
- How can the Incubates utilize the seed funds?
The seed funds provided by the NAIN centre is for the implementation/development of the business idea submitted. The incubates can utilize the seed funds by submitting the bills/quotations to develop the Minimum Viable Product.
- What are the facilities provided by the NAIN center to the selected incubates?
- Seed Funding upto 3Lakh INR for development of the Minimum Viable Product.
- Office space and workspace with computer facilities
- Wifi & Internet facilities
- Mentoring facilities from the Industry/startup/academia
- IPR & Company Registration facilities
- Do you provide the Incubator offices?
Yes, the selected Incubates would be provided with the cubicles in a fully furnished space with a Computer Facilities.
- How long can a Incubatee stay in the Incubator?
One year from the date of selection.