CENTRE FOR SYSTEM DESIGN, FABRICATION AND TESTING (CSDFT)
The centre works in the areas of
design, fabrication and testing of piezoelectric based micro actuators,
thermoelectric based cooling systems, micro
pumps, micro air vehicles, mini piezo-hydraulic drive systems, linear piezo-drives (Piezo stepping and inchworm mechanism) with sub-micrometer
positioning accuracy and macro displacement range. This centre also works towards development of new robot calibration techniques to determine
the positioning and orientation error of robot arm. The centre was established in the year 2014 with a funding of Rs. 16.4 Lakhs from SERB,
DST and with a matching grant of Rs. 6.0 Lakhs from the management. The building space of the centre is 792 sq. ft.
Thrust Areas -
- Pettier based Cabinet cooling system, Air coolant system and High Speed Spindle cooling System.
- Piezowafer actuated ValvelessMicropump.
- Piezo-hydraulic and electromagnetic high pressure pump.
- Piezoactuator based prototype actuator with hydraulic displacement amplification.
- Micro heat sinks for microprocessor cooling applications.
- Piezo stepping actuator and Piezoactuator based Inchworm Drive.
- Piezoactuator based Flapping Type Micro Air Vehicle.
- Estimation of end-effector position and orientation error of a 3-DOF robotic arm.
Inchworm Drive Actuator