NET Institutions students’ consumers Cooperative Stores Ltd., Nitte
NET Institutions Students consumers’ cooperative stores Ltd. started functioning from 28.12.1988. The society is registered under the Karnataka State cooperative Act1959. (Registration Number AR38/RNR 88-89 ) As per the act the society is registered under the name “ NET Institutions Students’ Consumers’ cooperative stores Ltd” From the year of its establishment the cooperative society is putting its all effort to meet the requirements of the students and staff of NET Campus. As per the State Government act of the society, the board of directors are to be selected for five year duration. The selection of board of directors being done once in five years as per the procedure laid by the society act. For the academic year 2015-2020 new board of directors were selected as per the norms of the society and following are the board of directors for the next 5 years.
1. President : Dr. Niranjan N Chiplunkar
2. Trust Nominee : Mr. Yogesh Hegde
3. Secretary : I.R.Mithanthaya
4. Executive members:
1. Dr. Subrhamnaya Bhat, Professor Dept. of Mechanical Engg.
2. Dr. Janardhan Nayak, Professor, Dept. of Chemistry
3. Prof. Ramakrishna, HoD, Dept of Humanity
4. Mr. Keshava Mugeraya , Senior Superintendent,NMAMIT,Nitte
5. Mrs. Shridevi Senior office Assiatant ,NMAMIT,Nitte
6. Mr. Sudhakara , Senior Assistant Library,NMAMIT,Library
7. Student Representatives :
1. Ms. Akshata Shettigar V Sem. IS -A
2. Ms. Bhagyashree V Sem. EC – C
3. Ms. Megashree B V CS -B
From the last 29 years co operative stores is increasing its capacity in sales and services. The facilities like Laminations, spiral binding of seminar reports are introduced. Computer facility is provided at Xerox centres for the preparation of project reports.
Some progress in working of stores:
1. This academic year (2016-17) store has taken the full responsibility of distribution of uniform dress material for Engineering college as well as polytechnic students.
2. For the benefit of first year students of Engineering & polytechnic arrangements for stitching of uniforms is made with a very reasonable cost by appointing both gents and ladies tailors.
3. Students bus pass card and ID cards lamination was done for all students free of cost.
4. This year we started distribution of set of course material for all first year students at competitive prize which includes books, record books, uniform material etc.