The department of E&E Engineering, established in 1987, offers UG and PG programs. The department has been recognized as Research Centre by VTU to offer M.Sc. (Engg.) by research and PhD Programmes. The department is recognized as a VTU- PG Extension Centre for the PG course on Microelectronics & Control Systems.The B.E. program is an Autonomous under VTU(2007) and is accredited by the National Board of Accreditation (NBA). The department has well-qualified, passionate, dedicated faculty and has a well-connected alumni network. The department has an excellent link and MoU with leading industries.
The department is offering M.Tech in Power Electronics (Autonomous under VTU ) from the academic year 2014-15.
The department has well-equipped state of the art Laboratories which includes:
* Electrical Machines
* Electrical Circuits/Measurements/Control Systems
* Digital Electronics/ Microprocessors/ Microcontrollers
* Analog Electronics
* Power Electronics
* High Voltage/ Relay
* Power System Simulation
The department has a computer center and PG/Research Lab with 70 computer systems having licensed softwares inclusive of
* MATLAB 2014b
* AutoCAD 2007
* Mipower-version 6
* PLC Simulation software
* LABVIEW 2013
The department has acquired NI Virtual Instrumentation Suite, Cybermotions Rotary Servo station, PLC, Microcontroller, good number of power scopes and storage oscilloscopes, EPROM programmer/eraser, VLSI/FPGA Trainer kits, DSP motor control units under the TEQIP programme of World Bank. The department has a self-sufficient well-stocked library, for quick reference by faculty and students.
Pursuing excellence in Electrical & Electronics Engineering, creating a research environment to promote innovation and address global challenges.
* To equip students to face global challenges by excelling in a professional career and higher education.
* To offer high-quality graduate and post graduate programs in electrical & electronics engineering.
* To promote excellence in research, collaborative activities and contribute to social development with ethical values.
Programme Educational Objectives (PEOs)
1. Excel in a professional career and / or higher education by acquiring knowledge in mathematical, electrical, electronics and computer engineering principles.
2. Analyze real life problems, design electrical and electronics & multidisciplinary engineering systems and solutions that are technically sound, economically feasible and socially acceptable.
3. Inculcate and exhibit ethical values, communication skills and provide a supportive and leadership roles in their profession to emerge as excellent professionals and adapt to current trends by engaging in lifelong learning.
Programme Outcomes (POs)
B.E, (E&E) Engineering students will attain the following outcomes at the end of the Programme.
a. An ability to apply knowledge of mathematics, science and engineering fundamentals to electrical & electronics systems.
b. An ability to analyze electrical & electronics engineering problem, identify and formulate the appropriate solution.
c. An ability to design and conduct experiments, as well as to analyze, interpret and validate data.
d. An abil
ity to investigate and design a system, component or process to meet desired needs within realistic constraints. e. An ability to use emerging Technologies, skills, and modern tools necessary for practicing Electrical Engineering.
f. An ability to identify, formulate and solve electrical engineering problems and contribute effectively for the development of the society.
g. An ability to engage in sustainable design, keeping legal, social, environmental, health and safety issues.
h. An understanding of professional and ethical responsibility.
i. An ability to function in multidisciplinary teams.
j. An ability to communicate effectively.
k. An understanding of the economical aspects of electrical & electronics engineering and management principles to manage the projects and finance.
l. An ability to strengthen the knowledge and understanding of electrical & electronics engineering systems by engage in lifelong learning.
Two research scholars have been awarded PhD degree by VTU for the research on
1. Maximum Power Point Tracking for Grid Connected Photo voltaic Systems.
2. A Novel Controller for Biomass Based Hybrid Power System.
On-going Research Work
1. Plant friendly perturbation signal design for closed loop identification.
2. Performance and security aspects of Smart Grid using Reconfigurable systems.
3. Enhancement of power system stability and power quality with FACTS and custom power controllers.
* Electrical Integrated Team of Engineering Students (ELITES) is a student association of the Department of Electrical & Electronics Engineering. It organizes extra-curricular activities like
• GEOMITRA -A competition to enhance the mathematical and logical problem-solving skills of the students is conducted once a year.
• Seminar week-The experts in different areas within the college deliver lectures on latest technologies
* ELIXIR – a student project exhibition organized every year involving hobby projects and projects related to subjects build by the students of E&E. It has become a major attraction in the entire college.
* Various technical events during TechNidarshanan National Level Technical Fest, every year which involves paper presentation, technical quizzes, circuit debugging and other technical competition.
* Elēkrŏn- a department magazine highlighting all the events conducted by the department in the respective academic year.
* Crack the campus-Senior students train junior students on career aspects.
*Special lectures per semester -lectures being delivered by the eminent people either from the college or industries.
* Students carried out Consultancy Project on “MPPT Techniques to improve the energy efficiency of Solar Power Inverter” at Digital Circuit Pvt Ltd., Bangalore. Also Digital Circuit Pvt. Ltd., Bangalore have agreed for few more consultancy projects to the students.
Conference/FDP - Every year National level conference and FDP are conducted in the department. This provides a good platform for both student and faculty to enhance the technical skill.
|Dr.Sathyendra Kumar||M.E., Ph.D||Professor||Power Electronicsfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Dr.Nagesh Prabhu||M.Tech, Ph.D(IISc)||Professor/HOD||Power Electronics Application to Power Systemsemail@example.com||Dr.Pinto Pius||Ph.D||Professor||Power Electronicsfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Mr.K.Vasudeva Shettigar||M.Tech||Associate Professor||Power Systemsemail@example.com|
|Mrs.Nayana P Shetty||M.Tech (PhD)||Associate Professor||Power & Energy Systemsfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Mr.Suryanarayana K||M.Tech (Ph.D)||Associate Professor||System Analysis in Computer Applicationsemail@example.com|
|Mr.Naveen J||M.Tech||Assistant Professor Gd-III||Computer application in Industrial Drivesfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Mr.Pradeep Kumar||M.Tech (PhD)||Assistant Professor Gd-III||Computer application in Industrial Drivesemail@example.com|
|Mrs.Latha Shenoy||M.Tech (PhD)||Assistant Professor Gd-III||Digital Electronics and Advanced Communicationfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Ms.Anitha Marina Colaco||M.Tech (PhD)||Assistant Professor Gd II||Microelectronics and Control Systemsemail@example.com|
|Mr.Mahabaleshwara Sharma||M.Tech.||Assistant Professor Gd II||Instrumentation and Control Systemsfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Mrs.Raksha Adappa||M.Tech||Assistant Professor Gd II||Digital Electronics and Advanced Communicationemail@example.com|
|Mr.Raghavendra Prabhu||M.Tech||Assistant Professor Gd II||Microelectronics and Control Systemsfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Mr.Dinesh Shetty||M.Tech||Assistant Professor Gd II||Microelectronics and Control Systemsemail@example.com|
|Mr. Girisha Joshi||M.Tech||Assistant Professor Gd II||Microelectronics and Control Systemsfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Mrs.Sowmya Rani Mestha||M.Tech||Assistant Professor Gd I||Power Electronicsemail@example.com|
|Mr.Gururaj K||M.Tech||Assistant Professor Gd I||Energy Managementfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Mr.Md Abdul Raheman||M.E||Assistant Professor Gd I||Power & Energy Systemsemail@example.com|
|Ms.Swathi Hatwar H||M.Tech||Assistant Professor Gd I||Microelectronics and Control Systemsfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Mr.RavikiranRao||M.Tech||Assistant Professor Gd I||Power & Energy Systemsemail@example.com|