Empowering people, Partnering in Community Development by achieving expertise requiring the knowledge of state of the art technology in the field of Electronics and Communication.
To impart specialized education in the field of Electronics & Communication that contributes to the socio-economic development of the region and to generate technical manpower with high degree of credibility, integrity and ethical standards by providing vibrant learning environment.
About the Department
Established in 1986, the Department of Electronics & Communication offers an undergraduate program with an intake of 180 students and a postgraduate program in Digital Electronics & Communication Engineering with an intake of 25 students. The department is well-equipped with modern laboratories and has well-qualified and experienced faculty members. The department is recognised by the VTU as a research centre and offers part time and full time Ph.D programs.
Programme Educational Objectives (PEOs – UG)
1. The Graduate should have a solid foundation in Mathematics, Science and Electronics Engineering fundamentals required to solve Electronics and Communication Engineering problems which will also help to pursue higher studies and life-long learning needed for a successful professional career.
2. To inculcate in graduates professional, effective communication skills, teamwork skills, multidisciplinary approach, and an ability to relate engineering issues to broader social context.
Programme Outcomes (POs – UG)
1. Students will be able to identify, analyze and solve basic Electronics Engineering problems, in specific areas, by applying knowledge of Mathematics, Science and engineering with modern engineering tools. 2. Students will demonstrate an ability to visualize and work on Laboratory and Multidisciplinary tasks. 3. Students will be able to understand engineering practice in the context of global, economic, environmental and societal realities.
M.Tech (Digital Electronics & Communication)
Programme Educational Objectives (PEOs)
The post graduates of Digital Electronics and Communication programme will be able to
1. Pursue successful careers in industry, academia and entrepreneurial ventures in the domain of Digital Electronics and Communication.
2. Innovate, design and evaluate system suitable for real-time scenario.
3. Engage in development activity and add value to the socio-economic development of the region.
4. Exercise excellent leadership qualities with integrity in a credible, ethical and professional manner in the fast evolving global scenario.
Programme Outcomes (POs)
The post graduates of Digital Electronics and Communication Programme will have
1. Ability to apply knowledge of mathematics, science and engineering to model, analyze and solve engineering problems.
2. Ability to design and conduct experiments in the domain of Communication, Signal Processing, Embedded systems and VLSI using appropriate procedures to meet the professional needs.
3. Ability to function effectively as a team member and team leader in multidisciplinary groups.
4. Knowledge of professional and ethical responsibilities.
5. Ability to communicate effectively in oral, written and visual forms.
6. Awareness of impact of engineering solutions in societal and global context.
7. Ability to engage in continuous learning.
8. Awareness of recent trends in respective field.
9. Develop entrepreneurship qualities by imbibing creativity, discipline and strong work ethics.
The students of the department participate in curricular and co-curricular activities through their student association, ELECSA.They are encouraged to publish papers and participate in conferences & seminars.
Some of the projects carried out by students in the past were an Analog Circuit Simulator, Integral cyclic switching for voltage control, Constant voltage/ constant current converter for battery charging applications, Institutional paging system, INTRANET for NMAMIT, Assembler for MC68000, Blood Clotting time measurement, Fractal library for C using C++, Network Game, Electricity billing through telephone line and Interprocess Communication.
Projects on VLSI, Embedded Systems and Networking have also been successfully completed. The department receives financial support from KSCST, Govt. of Karnataka for 4-5 undergraduate projects every year.
|Names||Designation||Area of Interest|
|Dr. M K Parashuram||Director||Power Electronics, Analog Electronics and Degital Electronics|
|Dr.Rajesh Shetty K||Professor||Communication Systems, Wireless Communication, MIMO Systems, Error Control Coding, Space Time Code|
|Dr.Rekha Bhandarkar||Professor/HOD||VLSI, Embedded Systems, VHDL, Verilog Signal Processing, Microprocessors & Microcontroller|
|Dr. KVSSSS Sairam||Professor||Optical Communications & Wireless Communications|
|Dr.Veena Devi S||Professor||Image Processing, Remote Sensing, Digital Communication, Electromagnetic Theory and Antennas|
|Dr. Krishna Shenai||Professor & Director (R&D)||Signal Processing, Communication Systems and Power & Energy Systems|
|Dr. K S Shivaprakasha||Asso.Professor||Wireless Sensor Networks, Information Theory & Coding, Network Security|
|Mr.Durga Prasad||Asso.Professor||Wireless Sensor Networks, Antennas|
|Mrs.Sushma P.S.||Asso.Professor||Analog & Mixed Signal VLSI Design, Biomedical Signal Processing & Instrumentation|
|Mrs.Shrividya G||Asso.Professor||Digital Communication, Microwave devices & Communication, Image Processing, Advanced Signal Processing, Probability & Random Processors|
|Mrs.Prabha Niranjan||Asso.Professor||Embedded Systems, Microcontroller, ITC, Analog Electronics, Control Systems|
|Mrs.Usha Desai||Asso.Professor||Biomedical Signal Processing, Multimedia Communication, DSP|
|Mr.Sukesh Rao M||Asso.Professor||Analog Electronics, Digital Signal Processing, Embedded System Design|
|Mrs.Padmavathi N||Asso.Professor||Analog Electronics, Signal Processing (DSP, S & S), Image Processing, Linear Algebra, Control Systems|
|Mr.Mahaveera K||Asst.Professor, Gd III||VLSI, Verilog, VHDL, Computer Networking, Microprocessors & Microcontrollers|
|Mrs.Sunitha Lasrado||Asst.Professor, Gd III||VLSI, Embedded System, VHDL, Verilog Computer Arch., DSD, Microprocessors & Controllers|
|Mrs.Vidya Kudva||Asst.Professor, Gd III||Analog Electronics, Image Processing, Control System, Communication (Analog & Digital), Linear Integrated Circuits.|
|Mr.Sathish Rao||Asst.Professor, Gd III||VLSI, VHDL/Verilog based System Design Processing|
|Mr.Ravindra K.S||Asst.Professor, Gd II||Analog Electronics, Computer Networks, VHDL, Real Time Systems, Operating System|
|Mr.Pradyumna G.R.||Asst.Professor, Gd II||Cryptography, C++, VHDL, Verilog, 8051, 8086, Digital Electronics|
|Mrs.Roopa B. Hegde||Asst.Professor, Gd II||Digital Electronics, Network Analysis, Electromagnetic Theory, Image Processing|
|Mrs.Charishma||Asst.Professor, Gd II||Control Systems, Image Processing, Digital Electronics, Network Analysis, ITC|
|Mrs.Niju Rajan||Asst.Professor, Gd II||Analog Electronics, Digital Electronics, Control Systems, MEMS|
|Mrs.Shubha B||Asst.Professor, Gd II||Signal Processing, Microcontroller, Digital Electronics, Linear Algebra, Embedded System|
|Mr.Anil Kumar Bhat||Asst. Professor, Gd II||Digital Electronics, Analog Electronics Circuits, Digital Design|
|Mr.Dileep Kumar M J||Asst. Professor Gd I||Cryptography, VHDL, 8051, 8086, C++, Verilog|
|Mr.Sudarshan||Asst. Professor Gd I||Power Electronics, Analog & Digital System Design, Embedded Systems|
|Mr.Karthik||Asst. Professor Gd I||Analog Electronics, Digital Electronics, HDL, Embedded Systems, Software Programming|
|Ms.Anupama B||Asst. Professor Gd I||Analog Electronic Circuits, Control Systems, Digital Electronics, Transmission Lines|
|Mr.Shivakumar B R||Asst. Professor Gd I||Image Processing, Digital Communication, Power Electronics, Microprocessors|
|Mr.Ramya Shetty||Asst. Professor Gd I||Digital Electronics, Analog Electronics, Antennas, Transmission Lines|
|Mr. Prajwal Hegde||Asst. Professor Gd I||VHDL, C++, Data Structures using C++, Cryptography, Embedded Systems|
|Ms. Nagapriya Kamath||Asst. Professor Gd I||Analog Electronics, Image & Signal Processing|
|Ms. Anusha R||Asst. Professor Gd I||VLSI, Embedded Systems, Computer Networking, Digital Electronics|
|Ms. Prajgnamala||Asst. Professor Gd I||Digital Communication, Network Security, Computer Communication Network, Microprocessors|
|Ms. Ashwini K||Asst. Professor Gd I||Embedded Systems, Computer Communication Networks, HDL|
|Mr.Bommegowda K B||Asst.Professor, Gd I||Communication, Power Electronics, Digital Electronics|
|Mrs.Deepa K||Asst. Professor Gd I||Communication, Digital Electronics|
|Mrs.Amrutha D Pai||Asst. Professor, Gd I||Digital Electronics, VLSI, VHDL|
|Ms.Shankari N||Asst. Professor, Gd I||Digital Electronics, VHDL|