Eligibility for BE course: A pass in the 12th standard or equivalent examination approved by the Visvesvaraya Technological University, with not less than 45% marks as an aggregate in the optional subjects of Physics, Mathematics and Chemistry/Bio-Technology/Biology/Computers/Electronics, with English being one of the languages of study.
The candidate should have completed 17 years of age as on December 31 of the year of admission.
The college admits candidates under the following 3 categories:
A) NRI/Foreign National/Persons of Indian Origin/Children of Indian workers in the Gulf countries.
B) Management category
Candidates will be admitted directly under categories (A)and (B), based on marks secured in the optional subjects at 10+2 level.
C) General category
Admissions are based on merit in CET conducted by the Govt. Of Karnataka or COMEDK.
For direct admissions, applications can be downloaded from www.nmamit.nitte.edu.in. The application should be submitted along with the following documents:
• Attested photocopy of the 10th standard marks card.
• Attested photocopy of the 10 + 2 marks card.
• Demand draft for `500/- towards registration fee, favoring ‘NMAMIT’ payable at Mangaluru.
• Proof of NRI status (if applicable).
i) Attested Passport copy of the student/parent.
ii) Proof of employment of the parent.
iii) PIO card (for persons of Indian origin).
COMMENCEMENT OF COURSE
The course commences as per the date prescribed by the VTU, Belgaum most likely in August each year.
DOCUMENTS TO BE PRODUCED AT THE TIME OF ADMISSION
• 12th standard or equivalent marks card/pass certificate – Original + 3 attested photocopies.
• 10th standard pass certificate for proof of date of birth – Original +3 attested photocopies.
• Transfer Certificate from the institution last attended – Original +3 attested photocopies.
• Conduct certificate from the institution last attended – Original only.
• Eligibility certificate issued by the Registrar, Visvesvaraya Technological University, Belgaum.
• Migration certificate from the Board of the institution last studied.
• Physical Fitness certificate from a registered medical practitioner.
• Blood group – certificate.
• Photographs – 5 passport-size and 5 stamp-size.
For Foreign Nationals -( In addition to the requirements mentioned earlier)
• Valid passport and student VISA for the period of study.
(for NRI’s/Foreign Nationals)
• No-Objection certificate from the Government of India.
• AIDS-free certificate from a competent medical authority.
• Residence permit issued by the Foreigners’ Registration Office and the District Superintendent of Police.
Admission Procedure for the M.C.A course
The admission to MCA course under the management category is based on scores secured in the Entrance Test – KMAT .
Eligibility: Bachelor degree securing in aggregate 50% marks for all the years in the subjects (except languages) with Maths/ Stat/Comp Science/ Comp Progr./ Comp Appl/ Buss. Maths/ Buss. Stat as one of the optionals/electives at degree level.
In case the candidates have not taken any of the above subjects at the degree level, they should have taken any of those subjects at 10 + 2 level with 50% marks in which case they are also eligible.
For further information, the College office may be contacted.
For any enquiries, contact:
Dr. Niranjan N Chiplunkar
NMAM Institute of Technology,
Nitte – 574 110, Karkala (D.K)
Tel: 91-8258-281263 / 281264 / 281248
The Dy. Registrar (Admin),
6th Floor, University Enclave, Medical Sciences Complex,
Mangalore – 575018,
Tel: 91 – 0824 – 2204300/01/02/03/10, 2015 777
Fax: 91 – 0824 – 2204305